About Hamba Africa
Hamba Africa is dedicated to providing affordable and uniquely personal travel experiences for those who are want to make a valuable and active contribution to conservation, volunteer, learn some new skills or simply have an adventure or gap year holiday of a lifetime.
Who Are we?
Travellers who already know southern Africa, will also know that its inspiration and impact is felt long after departure... and for those who have yet to experience it first hand, you have much to look forward to.
Hamba Africa celebrates South Africa for what it is. Our name “Hamba” comes from the local Zulu and Siswati languages and simply means “Go” or “Travel”; we chose it because that’s exactly what we do. Encourage people to go to and to travel in Africa.
We're owned and run by passionate conservationists and safari guides, creating unique travel packages and an authentic South Africa experience.
Hamba Africa was founded with the belief that the more people that get to explore this magical country the better! To feel inspired, to learn and become empowered by its natural beauty - understand how vital it is that these environments are safeguarded and preserved for the future and how we can do that together. We welcome you to Hamba Africa.
We've have two main goals:
- To provide travellers with an incredible experience; to enable them to explore some of the best of Southern Africa's natural beauty, its terrain, its culture and exciting activities.
- To make a real difference; to get people actively involved with conservation and protecting nature; to inspire and teach them valuable skills for wherever their journey leads them.
What makes us special?
Our commitment and support towards you!
For many of you, the experience, knowledge and practical skills you will gain on this adventure will be unforgettable and great fun, but we also know that for others, this trip will be life-changing.
You will be given the opportunity to explore and develop your own conservation ideas and implement your own programs and projects.
Hamba Africa will help you discover and develop your own ambitions and success
Who Travels with us?
Hamba Africa is primarily aimed towards students or Young Adults (aged 18 to 30 years), gap year travelers, students, graduates, post graduates, first timers or seasoned travellers, from every walk of life.
We are a welcoming and embracing organisation where diversity and ethnicity is celebrated; English is the language of instruction.
Why choose us?
- We have unique hands-on experience of the Kruger National Park and its surrounding provinces of Limpopo and Mpumalanga, the local culture and environment.
- Our knowledge and expertise in wildlife conservation, combined with our passion for travel, means we are perfectly positioned to create a journey that is packed with excitement and new learning experiences for you.
- We will ensure you take an active role in conservation projects that will be uniquely fulfilling, inspiring and teach you valuable transferable skills that will stay with you for life.
- The Hamba team will be there to support you every step of the journey, from your initial enquiry, to planning your individual package and itinerary, and during your exciting stay.
We are committed to keeping our package prices as competitively and cost effectively priced as possible, to help offer this experience to as many people as possible.
We are committed to continuous conservation investment; profits will be channelled back into our own conservation programs, the programs of organisations we are involved with and the rural communities and projects we support in South Africa.
Who do we work with?
We're very fortunate to work and collaborate with local conservation groups and experts who share our goal of protecting animals and the environment.
This allows us to get on board and provide much needed support with their projects and together achieve something greater.
For more in depth information about these organizations please visit our program page.
Keeping your booking secure
Hamba Africa is a proud member of the TTA (Travel Trust Association Ltd). This means every pound, euro, dollar or ruble you pay is 100% financially secure.
Your booking is guaranteed to deliver exactly what is promised.
Where are we based?
Our UK headquarters are based in the stunning forest of Dean, Lydney, Gloucester, UK.
From here, our team will contact you to help plan your booking and coordinate group events with you across the UK, giving you the opportunity to meet your fellow travellers ahead of your big adventure.